Tuesday, April 08, 2008

KLRR, Episode: "Next"

KLRR = Knots Landing of Rainbow Row, for those of you who aren't good with acronyms.

Episode: "Next" because I can't remember which number episode was the last one, and at this point I'm too lazy to look.

"NEXT TIME I SHOULD BRING RUBBER GLOVES"

As luck would have it, my neighbor just happens to be a former veterinary technician. She's the one that takes care of Baxter when I have to travel for work. She's quite a character. I'll reserve details on her for a future blog entry.

This is Baxter.


I didn't know of her former profession when I first met her. But now it makes sense, thinking back on the random comments she used to make. For example, sometimes we would walk our dogs together, and she'd say "Uh oh, Baxter has poopy-butt." By the time I could react, as the brain chewed on the words "poopy-butt" and their possible meaning, Baxter would be squatting to leave a present on a neighbors lawn. "Ahhh," I'd say, "that's what you meant by poopy-butt." Clearly something only noticeable by former veterinary technicians.

Well, having such a person as a neighbor is quite helpful. Every couple of months or so, Baxter will have issues "back there" and will chew on his nether region (and usually attempts to lick master's face thereafter, which is always rebuffed). Enter former-veterinary tech neighbor: "He needs his anal glands expressed."

Once again, before the brain can process that statement, she drags him to the deck in the back, pulls him across her lap and starts squeezing his ass. Voila -- anal glands expressed! While Baxter didn't seem to be a big fan of this process, the fact of the matter is that it seemed to work. He stopped chewing on his tail for a few weeks.

Not to seem ungrateful, I usually thank the neighbor profusely for the exercise. After the most recent episode, her response? "Next time I should bring rubber gloves." Uh, yeah!

No comments: