Monday, February 04, 2008

Its the Number One Killer of Domestic Cats

Wah waaaaaaahhhhhh! Perhaps you're familiar with this phrase -- about feline aids. From Debbie Downer, one of my favorite SNL skits.

Other favorite lines:
"Steer clear of the Sudan. It makes Fallujah look like Club Med!" Wah waaaahhhh.
"By the way, it's official -- I can't have children." Wah waaaahhhhh.
"My life sucks, I have no money, I hate my job, and no one loves me." Waaaaahhh Waaaaahhhhh!

Oh wait, that last one wasn't from SNL. It was from one of my friends who's a regular Debbie Downer all on his own. Here are a couple more of the most recent quotes:

"I wrecked my car. It cost me $1,300. I'm just not equipped to handle crap like this."
"Do you ever just wanna give up and not even bother trying with this life crap?"
"I'm just feeling so overwhelmed and it doesn't feel like anyone is really here."

I know I should be more compassionate. But good lord, it gets to a point where you just can't take it anymore. If its not one thing, it's another. There's rarely a bright moment in this person's life. Damn, I'm getting depressed just writing about it.

"Slather up the sunscreen... I had a mole looked at recently and the doctor told me that due to the extent of its irregular borders I'm flirting with a melanoma." Whew... thanks for that Debbie. I needed a laugh. HA HA

No comments: