Monday, September 26, 2005

Rare Woods and Tonka Beans

Sometimes I see things that just make me laugh for their absurdity. I saw such a thing today, and realizing I hadn't posted in a while I decided, "What the heck, I'm gonna write about it."

I found this great skin care line for men called Zihr. It's expensive as hell but if I can get this old naugahyde skin looking good, it's worth it right? (Okay, I'm only 38, so I'm exaggerating about the naugahyde skin. And what's wrong with being a metrosexual??) I get occassional marketing messages from them in my email, which I usually delete, especially lately since I'm trying to budget more. You can't just drop $50 every day for a small tube of men's moisturizer!

Today I got an ad from them for their new fragrance called "Corduroy". Now here's the absurd part--the description of the fragrance:

CORDUROY -- timeless and distinct. A fresh burst of mandarin and lavender that flows smoothly into a warm heart of soft-brushed suede wrapped with rich spices and completed by a sensual background of rare woods, vanilla and tonka beans.

WTF? I know its hard to describe things sometimes. Like, how do you describe what "salt" tastes like, other than saying "salty"? But a "warm heart of soft-brushed suede wrapped with rich spices"? Get real people! Are the woods rare because they're undercooked? And what the hell are tonka beans? Are they from Tonka Land where they make Tonka Trucks?
Makes me wanna rush on out and buy Corduroy. How about you?

1 comment:

Spence-a-lick said...

Totally funny toddster. And for some reason, i didn't think of cordurouy when i read their description. Ya nailed this one kiddo, out of the park.